PAC Sermon Based Discussion Life Groups
Week of March 1st, 2015
1. Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit and the Son of God, yet still had problems. What do we learn from His life and example?
2. Jesus was praised by everyone. His reputation and character were sterling yet in today’s passage, people attempt to kill Him. What are the life lessons here?
3. Jesus stated that Isaiah the prophets word was fulfilled in His life; how so and in what ways?
4. In Mark 6:4, Jesus said, “A prophet is not without honor except his own hometown, among his relatives and his own home.” How was this fulfilled in Nazareth?
5. The NLT says in John 1:11 “He came to his own people and even they rejected him.” Why was this true?
6. Why does Israel still reject Christ?(generally speaking.) As Savior?
7. What is the promise of John 1:12?
8. When Jesus told the story of Elijah and the widow and the story of Elisha and the leper Naaman, what was He teaching them about faith or doubt in terms of their acceptance or rejection of Him in Nazareth?
9. Why such quickly shifting emotions among the people in the very same story?
10. The people were furious, they mobbed him, tried to push him over a cliff that overlooks the valley of Armageddon. But it was not His time, and God the Father protected Him. What do we learn from this?
Life Group Question:
Each life group is encouraged to serve together in a service project during the course of this winter session – how could your service project be determined by caring and being passionate in the right areas?